Planning your visit
As Covid restrictions are lifted we want to make sure your visit is as safe and enjoyable as possible so some measures will continue:
- Our staff will give visitors extra space and we encourage visitors to respect others’ space.
- We support staff and visitors who would like to continue wearing face coverings in the museum, but this is optional.
- We will monitor numbers to ensure the museum does not become too crowded.
- We will maintain increased cleaning in public areas.
If you do have symptoms of coronavirus or you have tested positive for Covid19 please do not visit the museum.
During your visit
- For our full access guidance please click here.
- Take the audio tour of the Roman Fort outdoor site - download the app from Geotourist on your mobile phone.
- You are welcome to bring your own picnics and other refreshments and eat them on our lawn or in our picnic area.
- We're sorry, but the cafe is currently closed. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- To help make the most of your visit, please download our trail which has lots of interesting facts about the fort.
- The following areas are currently open to visitors:
- Outdoor archaeological site of Segedunum Roman Fort
- Outdoor children's play area
- Reconstructed Wall section
- Ground and upper floor galleries of the museum
- 35m high viewing tower
- Shop selling a range of souvenirs
If you are looking to make a school or college group, booking please contact the Learning team who will be able to discuss your visit requirements directly with you.
Your support is greatly appreciated
Help us ensure art, culture & heritage continue to make a positive impact in our region. Donate £5 today to keep culture at the heart of the North East. Thank you.
Thank you for your support!