Book your visitBuy tickets
Segedunum is open to visitors - book tickets now
Until 27 September 2020
Daily 10am - 5pm
28 September 2020 - 31 March 2021
Mon - Sat 10am - 3pm (closed Sundays) Closed 7 December 2010 - 10 January 2021 (inclusive)
- Children under 16 - FREE
- Adults *£4.95 | Adult Season Ticket *£13
- Concessions (over 60s & students) *£2.95 | Concession Season Ticket *£9
Residents of NE28 - FREE
* Ticket price includes voluntary donation
Segednunum Roman Fort & Museum is now open to the public.
Areas that are open:
- Ground floor of the Museum including the Roman Gallery
- Roman herb garden
Please be aware that some areas of the museum and grounds will remain closed until it is safe to open them.
Areas that are closed:
- The cafe
- The viewing tower
- The Strong Place gallery
- Upper floors of the museum
- Outdoor children's play area
- Reconstructed Wall section
To help make the most of your visit, please download our trail which has loads of interesting facts about the fort.
We are admitting fewer people into the museum so we can provide enough space for social distancing. This means we would like you to book your visit in advance.
If you don't book, you may have to queue outside the museum until the number of visitors in the museum and grounds has reduced to a safe level.